Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tiff Explains It All

Not really, I'm just drawing a serious blank on the blogging front, guys. I'm thinking about starting a mini series about how boyfriend and I started and how it's working out with all my lovely cynicism. I figure it's a part of my life at the current and it's actually a pretty funny story, so maybe you guys will enjoy it. If not...well, too damn bad! BUT FOR TODAY, I'll be listing five things (hopefully interesting) about me. I know, it's so great and original.

1] I eat and drink in the shower. 
Yeah, I'm not even kidding. My sister does it, too, so I know I'm not the only one! It's just so convienient to have a soda, a bowl of cereal, or perhaps a popsicle while showering! It's multitasking at it's finest, I assure you. 

2] I have a serious knack for memorizing song lyrics and people.
I can hear a song once or twice and know the words to it. Everything I have to learn ever should be in the form of a song, and I'd be golden. Swear it. Physical chemistry jingles...I'm coming for you. As for people, I remember names and what not really well. So well that sometimes I'll pretend to not remember someone's name just so they don't think I'm too interested or just a creepy lady...

3] Two favorite poems:
Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe. He's a genius. I fell in love with this poem the first time I read it, and I'll always love it.

Sonnet XVII by Pablo 
I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close and
 I fall asleep. 

4] I would love to be veterinarian, but...
I cringe when I see a dead animal on the road, I would cry if I ever hit one, and I think I would just die if I had to euthanize one. We have such strong ties to our pets, they really are family, and it'd be like killing someone's son or daughter or brother or sister! 

5] I have an obsession with red velvet.
I have made red velvet whoopie pies, crepes, rice crispie treats, cake balls, cheese caked, cookies, brownies, and cake. I can't get enough. I love it so much.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I don't think i've ever heard of someone eating/drinking in the shower..how do you not get water in your food?

Tiffani said...

I know, it's strange! I usually have my back to the showerhead, so I guess that blocks the water for me 'cause it's a long shower. :)

Unknown said...

My ex used to drink in the shower. Beer, specifically.

I don't see how you eat cereal in the shower without getting your milk all watery! A bath, maybe, but shower? Please fill us in on your secrets! :)