Monday, November 14, 2011

"I'm SO glad our marshmallows taste like marshmallows, mother!"

Hey guys! I hope your November is going splendidly. This is my last week before Thanksgiving break, and let me tell you, it cannot get here quick enough! I've got so much to do by Friday, yet here I am blogging instead. I'm okay with this. ;D

Last week Eli and I carved pumpkins. Yes, I know, it was after Halloween, but we didn't get the chance before Halloween! We had fun doing it anyway. I ended up with an extra pumpkin that I think I'm going to use to make my own pumpkin puree for a pumpkin cheesecake. Sounds delightful, yeah?!
Eli's vomiting pumpkin. XD 
My Jack Skellington!


This weekend was pretty busy for me with my niece's fifth birthday party and spending the day with my darling Katie Saturday. Friday started out with my car dying while I was at Target, so I had to wait for an hour before anyone was available to come get me! Turns out my alternator is bad and it's been draining my battery. Bummer. That night Eli and I went to Chuck E. Cheese's  for Zoe's birthday party. Naturally, I jacked coins and ran around with Eli playing games. Lots of pretty pictures were taken, but these are hands down my favorites!
My sister and I completely unprepared to be taking the picture!

The boyfriend and me. 
My momma, sister, and me!


Me with the beautiful birthday girl!
Then, Saturday, Katie was in town so we got the bright idea that we'd bake together. What did we decide to bake? Marshmallows, of course! It was horrid. For starters, gelatine smells terrible. It was very sticky and way too much work. They did taste delicious though. While waiting for the marshmallows to set, we made red velvet whoopie pies which were awesome! Somehow I ended up with all but two of them.
So happy to be mixing the marshmallows! (Before it thickened)

Pretty marshmallow mix.

Check out those beauties. Homeade cream cheese frosting.

The marshmallows being cut. Not an easy process.
All in all, the weekend was lovely even though my car broke down. What could be better than Chuck E. Cheese's, baking, the Razorbacks AND the Titans winning?? Have a great week, guys!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! I really want to do a vomiting pumpkin sometime.. those are great! :)