Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legit almost burned down my kitchen.

I decided I'd be a good girlfriend and cook dinner for Eli Sunday night. Problem being, I'm more of a baker than a cooker, and I hate to handle raw meat with a sincere passion. Lucky for me, he took over the chicken cooking, and I did the rest. He's so sweet. When it comes time to cook the chicken, I pour olive oil into the skillet for him and BAM! Huge flames. All over the place. I just stand there in shock remembering the time my mom and I burned down our kitchen, until I finally manage to say, "ELI! DO SOMETHING!" He just held the skillet and let the flames burn out, but my microwave was all covered in soot. I just knew my kitchen would burn down, I was so horrified. I guess the skillet was too hot and we should've put the oil in BEFORE heating the skillet. I'll know for next time at least. We did have fun cooking together though. We made chicken parmesan over a bed of spaghetti with mac and cheese and garlic bread. Talk about nommy. The kitchen was such a mess by the time we got done, I should've taken pictures!

Speaking of pictures, I did take pictures of a pumpkin cheesecake I made the other night. I'm pretty sure by the time this week is over I will have gained ten pounds from eating it. I love pumpkin so, so much. My coworker cut up, cooked, and pureed pumpkin for me, and it was delicious. I combined a few recipes based on ingredients I have, but I'll link the main recipe with the praline toppings. Graham cracker crust, pumpkin cheesecake filling, and pecans covered in brown sugar on top. Sounds ridiculously wonderful, right? ;D
Recipe here!

I hope you all have an excellent Thanksgiving and eat tons and tons of great food with your families!

1 comment:

Monica said...

That cheesecake looks amazing! Its not a good time cooking until something goes up in flames :)