Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Book Challenge: Howl's Moving Castle

Book: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Challenge: Read a book that was turned into a major motion picture.


For those of you who haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, it's an anime about a girl who is cursed by a wicked witch and searching for the Wizard Howl to fix the curse. Sort of..in a nutshell. The book, however, is much, much different than the movie. Some people I've talked to who read it after watching the movie didn't like it at all. I enjoyed it. Yes, it was much different, but because I knew this going into the book, I tried not to hold too closely to the movie in predicting the book. It's a fun fantasy read.

1 comment:

Shaneiferd said...

I didn't know Howl's Moving Castle was a book! I wonder how I would like it. I dated a girl who watched this movie at least once a week...for a whole freaking year. At one point I basically had the movie memorized. So, in retrospect I would probably have a hard time enjoying the book :P

~SP

http://www.500daysofshaneiferd.net