Monday, June 13, 2011

"So, it ain't like it made no sense."

Alright, I know I'm kind of a judge-y pants, but I can't help it. When people open their mouths and the subjects and verbs don't agree with each other, unless your primary language is something other than English, I automatically think you're a moron. Especially when five minutes before I heard you talk about your education major. It's people like that that make me fear for any future children I may have. These people will be teaching our children and running our country. So, I'm sorry, but if you can't make sure your sentence doesn't have a double negative before you open your mouth, I don't want you teaching anyone's children. Ever. You've had English classes for a minimum of 13 years. Are you really that daft? Is it really that hard? Living in a hick state doesn't make it okay for you to sound like an idiot. You're the reason this state is so high on the Most Illiterate States list. In my Comp II class (mind you to be in Comp II, you had to PASS Comp I), there were at least three or four students who wrote their first essay in "text message lingo." Not even kidding. In the same class, a student asked, "What's this...con science word? What's it mean?" My mouth literally fell open. Con-science? Really? HOW DID YOU GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL?! I'm sorry I've ranted so long, I'm not even an English major. I'm sure this post has all kinds of grammatical errors, but you know what? At least my subjects and verbs agree, dammit.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Same! I can't believe some of the people who made it onto my post-grad course.

I think you'll like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj6QqCH7g0Q

It's a hilarious parody called 'Bad Grammar' (based on 'The Way I Are' by Timbaland and Keri Hilson)

Tiffani said...

That was wonderful = ) People will just never cease to slay me, haha.