Monday, July 4, 2011

Book Challenge: Dead Reckoning

Book: Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse Series) by Charlaine Harris

Challenge: A book written by an author from your home country, region, or with your ancestral background who lives in a foreign country.

I chose Dead Reckoning for this challenge because the author, Charlaine Harris is from my home state. The is the eleventh book in the series True Blood is based on. I absolutely love these books. If you don't already know, the main character is Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic barmaid from Bon Temps, Louisiana, who is always tangled up in a mess of vampires, werewolves, and other mystical creatures.

In this installment of the series, Sookie is roped into a seemingly perilous vampire plot(per usual) while trying to save herself from someone driven to madness with the want to take Sookie's life. I really enjoyed this book, which, to be honest, I was afraid I wouldn't. The previous book just wasn't as spectacular as I'd hoped, and I feared the same for this book. Unfortunately, I'm already ready to be reading book twelve, but alas, I'll have to wait.

No comments: