Monday, July 25, 2011

My row with a banana and vacation pictures!

"How in the world did she get into a row with a flippin' banana," you may be asking yourself. Well, lemme tell ya. It wasn't pretty, and my hair is sad. Kinda. Would be if hair had feelings. Back to the point! I am on a little DIY binge at the moment, so I've been trying out different at home facial masks and things like that. Tonight I got to thinking about how dull my hair has been looking, so I got the bright idea to make a hair mask to give my hair a nice shine. I used a banana mask that I saw on four or so different sites which consisted of an egg, a banana, milk, and honey. Sounds okay, right? Wrong. Maybe I'm just inept, but it was hard to get the mask on my head without making a huge mess. Then, when it came time to rinse it out, it wouldn't come out. I had banana stuck all in my hair, and I couldn't get it out by just rinsing, so I tried shampooing. Bad idea. It was so much worse after shampooing. So, then I put in conditioner and I had to pull a comb through my hair from the ends up to get all that banana out. It took forever and I got a ridiculous headache. Screw you, bananas, screw you. On the bright side, my hair is shiny!
Please ignore my lack of makeup! Embrace the freckles, haha.
Now that my banana rant is over, VACATION PICTURES, YAY! If you've read my previous vacation blog, you'll know that I recently returned from Panama City Beach, FL, and Atlanta, GA. After spending most of the day driving through Alabama, we were ecstatic to see this glorious sign:
Welcome to PCB!! 

The first sunset I've seen from the sand of a beach.

It was gorgeous. 

Got our toes in the sand, breeze in our hair. 

<3 <3
(The pretty (read: we wore skirts/dresses and had on make up) beach pictures are in my darling friend Cait's possession still. I apologize!)

Leaving PCB, we headed for Atalanta, Georgia, to visit my best guy friend who is getting his Ph.D in Physical Chemistry at Emory. He's a smartie pants. So, here is Atlanta:
Arriving in Atlanta!


Yeah, that's exactly what you think it is.
Perhaps this comes from living in a podunk state, but that right there is friggin' Clinique vending machine. How cool?! This ranks right up there with the Best Buy vending machine I saw in New Orleans. I'm so easily fascinated, haha.

3 comments:

dee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love love love your hair colour ;)

Unknown said...

Your fight with the banana cracked me up. I had visions of myself in the same predicament. Not a pretty sight! Your hair does look shiny, though, so maybe it was worth it ...

Unknown said...

Not wearing makeup to show your freckles is the best part!! I love freckles!