Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A much needed break

One of my biggest flaws:

I am too content with a fleece blanket, a pair of sweat pants, and a good book in a big comfy chair. I have no qualms with staying home, in fact, I usually prefer it. I found myself giving a pep talk in my mind the other day. I had to talk myself in to going out for the night. It's not that I don't have a good time when I finally get out with the girls and what have you, I just...would be perfectly okay staying home. With a book. And Dr. Pepper. 

So, this has been my life since calculus III ended on Friday. When I'm not working or out with friends(less often), I'm reading a book. And this is okay. I've been in kind of a weird place lately, wondering about my future plans and whether or not I'm living enough, but when I sit down with my book, my blanket, and a Dr. Pepper, I don't care. My life becomes nonexistent, and I plunge into the lives of fiction characters, glad to have a break from mine. 

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

I do this all the time! I love doing it. Nothing wrong with lazying around :)

Kate as of Late said...

I'm the same way!! I literally have to drag myself out of the house sometimes. My only saving grace is an incredibly social roommate about to move in!!

Also, your book suggestions... Wow!! I think i'm going to have to find some of them!!
New follower from 20sb!! <3

Tiffani said...

Haha, yes! Fortunately I have friends that drag me out :) I hope you read them, they're wonderful!

Cherie said...

I'm the same way also! When I don't have classes or work, I'm content with sitting in front of the computer -- whether I be writing, reading, watching something, etc. -- and cuddle with my cat all day.

It's been better since I got an apartment and roommates -- they drag me out sometimes -- but I'm a homebody at heart and I've finally come to accept it.

Tiffani said...

It's just so easy to stay home with a book! I like the lack of effort I have to put in to it. :)