Tuesday, July 12, 2011

If I wanted someone to vacuum while I was eating, I'd go home and let Momma do it. For free.

Irritating things that occurred today:

1] Technically, this happened yesterday, but I had to fix it today. My tire blew up. I had to buy a new tire and what not, which cut into Florida funds. Verdict: I can't go to Florida now! I'm so upset. I was supposed to get to go to Florida, then Georgia to see my friend who moved a few months ago.

2] My friend Katie and I went shopping today (she's an extreme couponer), and afterwards we decided to go eat at this new steakhouse in town. I'm still so angry. We get seated, and our waiters asks what we'd like to drink/eat/brings us bread. We're all fine and good. Then, he starts vacuuming his section. Look, I understand if it's thirty minutes to close, and you're rushing, but he still had an hour and a half or more before closing time. After he finishing vacuuming by our table, I go to the bathroom. When I come back, he has a table pulled out of a booth, blocking my way to my table. Not to  mention, he's vacuuming this booth area. Right. Behind. Our. Booth. So, I have to squeeze my way to my table between the table he pulled out and a table that's in it's right place. Katie needs a refill, and we're out of bread. We stay out of bread until our food comes. He doesn't even stay to ask if everything looks alright. She ordered a medium-well steak. Her plate was covered in blood. He didn't even come back to check. We had to tell the manager who brought us refills, bread, and her properly cooked steak. THEN, we are finished eating, for a good ten or fifteen minutes before he comes back by to ask if we're done. He took some of our plates before she had a chance to put all her food in her to-go box and before we could even put our money in the envelope. Needless to say, I didn't tip him. Katie and I almost wrote a note on our receipts, but didn't. She was going to write, "If I wanted someone to vacuum while I was trying to eat, I'd go home and let my momma do it. For free."

On the good notes of today, I got my first set of knitting needles! They were on clearance at Hobby Lobby. Also, thanks to Katie's coupons, we each got a box of twelve sharpies for a dollar. That's right, twelve sharpies. For a dollar.

Yay for discounted items! :D

I'm also considering starting another blog titled, "Things I'm Not Supposed to Know About My Friends." It'd be a hoot, I just know it!

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

OMG you guys should have left the note on the receipt! That makes ME angry. Ugh. Stupid new restaurants.

Tiffani said...

I know, right?! It was awful! And the food was subpar. :(

Cherie said...

Dude, that's so annoying! I totally would have left a note. He'll probably wonder what he did to not get a tip. Haha.

But yeah, they need to wait until there's no one eating/around before cleaning up. Common courtesy.

Tiffani said...

In retrospect, I do regret not leaving the note! I was just so angry I was afraid I would be really hateful, which can be pretty awful.